Our Mission and Approach
Our mission at Synergy Health is to educate and empower individuals through a holistic partnership which nurtures the intricate mind-body-spirit connection to renew, restore, and rejuvenate optimal health.
Dr. Wilcox-White strongly believes there is a tight connection between the mind, body, and spirit. When things are going wrong in the body, our mind is not at its best and our spirit struggles to find balance. When our mind or mindset is out of balance, this can trigger symptoms to develop in the body. When our spirit is out of balance, both our mind and our body go through chemical changes that can create symptoms such as depression, anxiety and feeling like you are disconnected.
At Synergy Health, we will partner with you to guide and provide you with the tools to reclaim, restore and rejuvenate your optimal health.
The process of reclaiming your health and wellness takes a comprehensive strategy, a commitment on your part to changing your lifestyle, the foods you eat, and how you manage stress. The process of change is difficult, and we understand that.
If you are committed to reclaiming your health and being an active partner in the process, we would be honored to travel with you on your journey to health and wellness.
The unique approach offered by Synergy Health starts with a free discovery call. During this 20-30 minute phone call we take time to learn a little about you and your health goals. We also take a few minutes to tell you a little more about Synergy Health. The purpose of this call is to learn how we can help you and if working with Synergy Health would be a good fit for you.
If after your free discovery call, you feel working with Synergy Health would be a good fit for you, we will schedule a Consultation. This is typically a 90-120 minute office visit. During the consultation, we will explore your health history, hear the story of your health journey and map out a timeline of when you last felt well, and explore your symptoms and life events that may be related to your current health concerns. This consult will be unlike any consult you have had in the past with other healthcare providers. Understanding YOUR health journey and YOUR health and wellness goals is the first step in working with you to create a plan.
At the end of this consult, we will provide recommendations for things that you can do on your own immediately as part of your wellness plan. We will make recommendations based on what we have learned during the sharing of your story and discuss with you how best to proceed. We offer several package options to partner with you on your journey.
The hard work begins after your initial consult. We will put on our detective hats to partner with you to get to the root causes of your symptoms. We use an Integrative and Functional Medicine approach to evaluate how your body is functioning and what is causing it not to function properly.
Our approach is different than many other healthcare providers in several ways:
- You and your health goals are the first priority.
- We empower YOU to take control of your health and wellness.
- We look for what is causing your symptoms rather than just masking your symptoms with pharmaceutical medication.
- We offer a holistic approach to health and wellness.
- We guide you along your health and wellness journey to take a path often not explored in conventional medicine.
- We do not reject conventional medicine, after all—we have practiced it for many years. We know that there are other ways to manage health concerns that are not explored in the conventional medicine philosophy.
- The conventional medical philosophy focuses on identifying and treating disease; the Synergy Health philosophy focuses on creating health, wellness and removing barriers that prevent your body from optimizing healthy functioning.